Monday, January 15, 2024

Six.Nine Months

 6.9 Months

  • The chickens are getting to be too much for me. They aren't laying any eggs but take a lot of work in the winter. Your dad was just going to kill them. At first, you didn't want to kill them at all and I thought it was so sweet. But then you went a bit crazy and started talking about eating them. You are nutzo some times. In the end, I couldn't kill them so we found a new home for them. One of them ended up at the Kohrman's as a White Elephant gift. 
  • The Browns are the new family/doctor so we have been trying to introduce them to new things here. This year, the weather was beautiful, so we took them up the mountain to cut down a free Christmas tree. It was fun stomping through the mud (no snow). You really liked all the tiny trees so we ended up picking out little ones for each of your rooms. 
  • We spent Thanksgiving in Oregon. Some of the highlights were dodgeball at the school (you loved getting me out) and hungry hippos, last time at Grandma's old house (so you had to do the zip line and pull out all her paints and paint rocks), eating KFC on actually thanksgiving day, watching Wish with Grandma and Papa at the movie theaters, Thanksgiving dinner at Annie's with all the cousins and sushi, dressing up and making up plays, and ginger bread houses at the library. It was crazy and awesome at the same time. I love how you got a lot time with Sonora. She really is one of your favorite people. 
  • I have also been able to start book club in your class this month. We started by reading Stink and the Ultimate Thumb War Smack Down. You are such a great reader. I have always known that, but you mostly read to yourself now, so I love hearing you read. I know it means a lot to you that I am able to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment